A first class learning experience in Health and Safety.
SOA’s approach to developing excellent, targeted and objective training courses start with the assignment of our design team.
The team includes experts from the following areas:
- Health and Safety
- Fire Safety
- Training Design & Development
- Training Standards
- Multimedia Design
Training Course Design / What We Offer
- Design – Media rich presentation that use a variety of images, graphical concepts, animations and videos to portray the message visually.
- Site Specific Content – The organisational policies/procedures, work activities and environmental aspects are incorporated throughout the presentation.
- Multi-Disciplinary – Our experts are from health & safety, fire, engineering and training backgrounds and have extensive knowledge and experiences of their discipline.
- Case Studies – Where possible we like to incorporate relevant case studies to better highlight and bring attention to the point in question.
- Latest Technologies – In addition to PowerPoint we use modern drawing packages and development environments to produce all our images, graphics and videos.
- Post Course Analytics – We capture initial feedback after the course and recommend ‘on-the-job’ evaluations considering the training solution provided.
Responsiveness and trainer reflexivity remain a fundamental part of SOA’s professional commitment to making continual improvements to ensure all delegates receive a first class learning experience.
HOMEGROUP are providers of affordable social housing and care and support services. Their aims are to provide 'outstanding' customer service and build strong, sustainable communities. As such there is a complex infrastructure of properties, offices, workshops, plant equipment and staff required to support the 70000 home nationwide. HOMEGROUP awarded SOA a 3-year national contract to provide H&S audits, Training Needs Analysis H&S policies and develop and deliver a full suite of health and Safety training course.
NHS Property Services’ North region manages and maintains more than 1,400 properties and in 2008 SOA were appointed to undertake Health and Safety Reviews, Fire Risk Assessments, CAD drawings and deliver of training for over 70 properties in the Manchester area. Over the past 9 years SOA have continued to be NHS Health, fire and safety support and are now support safety for the entire Greater Manchester area. In addition, SOA has delivered training to over 3000 NHS staff in respect of safety awareness.
Carried out the extensive skills gap analysis for “Top Tier” and “Lower Tier” COMAH sites and developed bespoke Incident Command courses that practically dealt with varying scenarios. Staff from all levels within the organisations were trained to effectively deal with any incident that may occur ensuring that all were familiar and could work within all levels of command and control.
SOA developed a bespoke five-day product safety course for the Australian Submarine Corporation (ASC) with the objective of raising the awareness and capability of designers, engineers and managers who are involved in the design, build, commissioning and maintenance of ships and submarines. The courses where designed to be interactive and hands-on, encouraging a modern structured, goal centric approach to safety cases as opposed to the previously preferred prescriptive approach.
SOA have designed, developed and delivered over 50 courses with Health and Safety under topics such as Workplace Safety, Fire Safety, First Aid, Risk Assessment, COSHH, Working at Height, Asbestos, Manual Handling, to name but a few. These courses have been delivered to over 10000 delegates across 300 companies and consistently receive excellent reviews and feedback.
This one-day course was developed as an introduction to Product Safety aimed at persons involved in work equipment design, manufacture, supply and maintenance. It explains Product Safety in the context of Workplace Safety, the duties of those involved, safety engineering processes and how they fit with the product lifecycle. It introduces safety engineering techniques and provides delegates with practical experience of applying some of those most commonly used.