“NPORS” National Plant Operators Registration Scheme
Nationwide Safety and Training Ltd is an accredited training organization for the provision of a wide range of training courses. All our instructors are fully insured and accredited to the NPORS scheme. Please call us to discuss your needs. A CSCS Operative Health and Safety test is not mandatory but is strongly recommended.
National Plant Operators Registration Scheme Limited (NPORS) is one of the UK’s leading accrediting bodies for; lift trucks recognised by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and Health & Safety Executive Northern Ireland (HSENI). NPORS also provide certification and operator cards for construction plant machinery, through theory and practical testing. The main objective of NPORS is to allow a flexible approach to meet the needs of the employer to help and assist in providing an adequately trained workforce within the UK.
All FLT and Plant theory tests can be carried out on the customer/individual site. The site must meet the NPORS requirements for the test, this can be discussed before any bookings are made to ensure conformance.
A minimum of 2 days notice is required between booking a test and taking the test, as NPORS must be notified of all testing taking place to enable them to monitor the system and instructor.
The NPORS Operator Card is a record of training/assessment an individual has undertaken to prove their ability to safely operate or drive an item of plant machinery or equipment. Registration with NPORS lasts for three or five years from the date of first initial test. NPORS do advise three years for industrial categories or five years for all other categories. This will be discussed at the time of enquiry.
The NPORS Operator Card will only display the following information:
- Operators Name;
- NPORS Registration Number;
- NPORS Card Expiry Date;
- Category Test Details (Test Date, Category, Instructor);
- Restrictions and Attachments if required.
Card cost is £50.00 plus VAT (this cost if for the card only, once a successful test has taken place, it does not include the cost of the test)
Testing costs available on request at competitive rates.
Please note: All courses are subject to maximum numbers per course, these will be advised on enquiry.
- Forward Tipping Dumpers – Wheeled/Tracked/Swivel skips
- Forklift Trucks – Counterbalance, Reach, Side Lift
- Telescopic Handlers – Including or excluding 360° slew
- Rough Terrain Forklfit
- 360° Excavators – Tracked/Wheeled
- Loading Shovels – Wheeled/Tracked
- Skid Steer Loaders – Tracked/Wheeled
- Ride on Rollers
- Lorry Loaders – Clamshell bucket/Brick grab/Hook
- Dump Trucks – Rigid/Articulated
- 180° Excavators – Wheeled & Tracked
- MEWP – Boom, Scissor, Vehicle Mounted or Trailer
- Vehicle Marshalling
- Slinger/Signaller for excavators used as cranes
- Crusher & Screener
- Road Roller & Landfill Compactor
- Loading shovel
Also available on NPORS cards and arranged though this centre are:
- Abrasive Wheels
- Manual Handling
- Fire Warden
- Hand Held Equipment
- Overhead Cranes
- Safety Awareness
- Safety Harnesses