Hope you are well. Just wanted to give you an update on todays announcement that we are about to move into tier 2 COVID restrictions.
Although these restrictions mean that indoor meeting in homes is not allowed with people that do not live in your household, fortunately businesses that are operating in a COVID secure manner are still able to allow people onto their premises although the following still applies:
Restrictions on businesses and venues in High alert level areas include:
1. Certain businesses selling food or drink on their premises are required to close between 10pm and 5am. Businesses and venues selling food for consumption off the premises, can continue to do so after 10pm as long as this is through delivery service, click-and-collect or drive-through. Orders must be made via phone, online or by post. Hospitality venues in ports, on transport services and in motorway service areas do not need to close at 10pm, but must not serve alcohol after that time.
2. The wearing of face coverings for customers and staff in certain indoor settings.
3. Businesses and venues must ensure people do not meet in their premises with people from outside of their household or support bubble. (This is referring to people mixing, people from separate households can come to your premises but must adhere to COVID control measures inc. distancing, face masks etc.)
4. Certain businesses and venues are required to collect customer, visitor, and staff data to support NHS Test and Trace
5. Businesses must ensure workers do not work if they’re self-isolating and if they fail to comply with the above restrictions, they could face fines of up to £1,000, prosecution, or in some cases closure.
SOA Safely will therefore be operating as normal, courses will continue to run as will all consultancy arrangements. We will of course continue to operate our strict COVID secure control measures.
If you have any questions about your own workplace please do not hesitate to contact us 01229 808320.
The SOA Team