Level 2 Award in Food Safety
For further information on any of our courses please contact our Training Coordinator
on 0845 833 8931 or email
Dates for this course have not been published and are available on request.
Please click here to contact us
£100.00 + VAT per delegate
GROUP DISCOUNT £700.00 + VAT
The Level 2 Award in Food Safety is delivered over one day and covers a defined syllabus aimed at giving first tier workers an appreciation of the fundamentals of good food safety practice. The course is delivered to meet the needs of different industry sectors, in catering, retailing and manufacturing.
Who should attend?
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- A firm grasp of the importance of food safety and knowledge of the systems, techniques and procedures involved
- Understanding of how to control food safety risks (personal hygiene, food storage, cooking and handling)
- Confidence and expertise to safely deliver quality food to customers
The course content will cover:
- Introduction to food safety
- Legal framework
- Food safety hazards
- Taking temperatures
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holdings and re-heating of food
- Food handlers
- Principles of safe food storage
- Food premises and equipment
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a SOA Safety certificate