This 2 hour course covers the basic operation of portable fire extinguishers including fire blankets.
Delegates will gain the necessary knowledge and skill to safely operate a portable fire extinguisher. Additionally, the delegate will develop the awareness of when and when not to tackle a fire.
Delegates gain practical experience of operating portable fire extinguishers to attack small fires when safe to do so.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Department for Communities and Local Government Fire Safety Guides and the current legislation.
This course is aimed at all employees, especially new members of staff, to help them identify what fires can be tackled and the safest methods to do so, thus reducing the risks from fire in the workplace.
The material is suitable for delegates with no experience in Fire Safety.
- theory of combustion
- fire triangle
- fire classes
- fire spread
- principles of extinguishment
- basic rules for fire fighting
- extinguisher types
- principles of extinguisher use
- practical extinguisher use
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- understanding of how combustion occurs
- understanding of the classifications of fire
- understanding of how fire spreads
- knowledge and skill in the principles of extinguishment
- understanding of the different types of fire extinguishers, the fire class they are designed for and how they operate
- ability to identify when it is safe to tackle a fire and how to do so
- hands on experience using different types of extinguishers on live fires
Opportunity to use extinguishers, the most frightening thing is ignorance. Feel confident now.
Paul was an excellent trainer.
Plenty of participation, practical hands on with a range of extinguishers.