This full day course is aimed at employees who may be required to work at heights within the workplace.
Delegates will be provided with a thorough understanding of the Working at Heights Regulations 2005 to ensure that they are aware of the dangers and risks associated with working at height.
Delegates will develop knowledge and skills to enable them to initiate a fall protection plan to protect both themselves and others using fall protection/fall arrest equipment.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Working at Height Regulations 2005.
This course is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may need to work at heights, require fall arrest protection and/or are responsible for working at heights in their workplace. Delegates do not require any previous experience.
- Organisation and planning, competence and risk assessment
- Selection of work equipment
- Prevention of falls
- Fall arrest systems
- Falling objects
- Safety awareness including practical exercise
- Safe use of ladders and steps including practical exercise
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- knowledge of the work at heights regulations and legal obligations
- understanding of the effects of gravity and the dynamics of falling
- knowledge and skill to plan and organise the work and undertake a risk assessment
- knowledge and skill to select the correct equipment and restraint system to help prevent falls from height
- ability to undertake inspections of equipment
- understand the principles of selection, positioning and securing of ladders as access points or to use for work
- knowledge and skill on how to recover a person saved by fall arrest equipment