Paediatric First Aid
For further information on any of our courses please contact our Training Coordinator
on 0845 833 8931 or email
Tue 15 Oct 2013
Standsure House TR1, Barrow in furness
£100.00 + VAT per delegate
GROUP DISCOUNT £700.00 + VAT
This 12 hour course provides delegates with the essential skills required to carry out first aid necessary to sustain life until someone more qualified arrives to take over. This interactive and practical course places emphasis on understanding the principles of ill or injured children from birth to teen years. The balance between practical and theory work is aimed at encouraging enthusiatic particpation.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981, associated guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). It is also in line with the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and meets the needs of Ofsted
Who should attend?
It is suitable for Childminders, Nursery and School staff (dealing with Foundation Stage) and anybody who deals with children and wants a more in-depth course
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- awareness of the relevant regulations
- skills to assess, treat and follow up incidents
- ability to treat a range of accidents and provide emergency temporary medical care until a more qualified person arrives
- understanding of the recording and reporting process
- knowledge and skill to act as the ‘Paediatric first aider’ for your place of work
The course content will cover:
- First Aid Priorities
- Regulations, responsibilities, recording and reporting
- Assessment of the situation
- Casualty Examination
- Basic Life Support and resusitation
- Dealing with an unconscious casualty
- Infantile convulsions
- Control of Bleeding and Shock
- Fractures, Scalds and Burns
- Head Injuries
- Eye and Ear Injuries
- Poison, bites and stings
- Each delegate will receive a Paediatric First Aid Made Easy Book.
Upon successful completion of the course, the delegate will receive a SOA Safety certificate of attendance.