This two day course is an introduction to potentially explosive atmospheres and the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regulations (DSEAR). Delegates will establish a deeper understanding of Risk Assessments and Hazardous Area Classifications. The incorporated chemical experiments demonstrate the real dangers associated with flammable and hazardous substances.
This course is aimed at those responsible for undertaking and managing DSEAR Risk Assessments.
- Introduction to Explosion Theory
- ATEX Directive
- DSEAR Requirements
- Risk Assessment and Area Classification
- Equipment Protection Concepts
- Inspection and Maintenance Requirements
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Fully understand the consequences of explosions and that they are usually significant, in terms of personal injury, capital loss of plant and production, whilst these events are rare the effects tends to dwarf a majority of any other incidents that may occur in the workplace. It is therefore important that delegates understand design, management, and the operation and maintenance of plant where these hazards are located, and that they are competent to carry out the tasks they are undertaking to ensure they have the ability for undertaking and managing DSEAR risk assessments.