02 May 2019
Book a Place
Thu, May 02 2019 (09:30 - 16:30) at Standsure House TR1, Dalton-in-Furness with Alan Jackson
10 June 2019
Mon, June 10 2019 (09:30 - 16:30) at Sedbergh Medical Centre, with Alan Jackson
This one day course can be adapted to suit a particular audience and is ideal for people requiring Appointed Person status.
An appointed first aider is someone who can take charge of an emergency situation should the need arise. An appointed person is ideal for small businesses or as a cover for more qualified first aiders.
Delegates are provided with the essential skills required to carry out emergency first aid necessary to save a life until someone more qualified arrives to take over.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981, associated guidance from the Health and Safety Executive (HSE).
This Course is designed for those wishing to learn basic first aid, the appointed person in the workplace, those supporting a qualified first aider and employees in a low risk working environment with less than 50 people.
- regulations and first aid priorities
- examining a casualty
- basic life support, unconsciousness and resuscitation techniques
- recovery position
- control of bleeding
- management of fractures
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- managing incidents, recording and reporting
- practical exercise and assessment
- Automated External Defibrillator
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- awareness of the regulations
- skills to assess, treat and follow up incidents
- understanding of basic first aid and gain skills on providing CPR
- ability to treat a range of accidents and provide temporary medical care until a more qualified person arrives
- understanding of the recording and reporting process
- knowledge and skill to act as the ‘Appointed Person’ for your organisation
Very knowledgeable trainer, excellent course
Excellent, best first aid trainer I have ever had.
It was a refresher for me and I found some good fresh material/instructions. I found it was presented well too keep my i...more
Very impressed! I have never been to the centre before for training. Training very good and informative
Enjoyed the course, well worth taking
Very good course, Tutor very knowledgeable, class room had a good easy going feel
Overall very good course, could save lives now
Clare the instructor has so much knowledge and was able to fully respond to every question. She was fun and frie...more
I took part in the Emergency first aid at Work course on 13th March 2012. It was a fun course with information presente...more