Working at Heights - Half Day
For further information on any of our courses please contact our Training Coordinator
on 0845 833 8931 or email
Dates for this course have not been published and are available on request.
Please click here to contact us
£70.00 + VAT per delegate
GROUP DISCOUNT £420.00 + VAT
This half day course is aimed at employees who are required to work at heights using ladders, stepladders and associated equipment within the workplace.
Delegates will be provided with an understanding of the Working at Heights Regulations 2005 to ensure that they are aware of the dangers and risks associated with working at height.
Delegates will develop knowledge and skills to enable them to use ladders and stepladders correctly and safely.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Working at Height Regulations 2005.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives, who may need to work at heights using ladders and associated equipment. Delegates do not require any previous experience.
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- knowledge of the work at heights regulations and legal obligations
- understanding of t he effects of gravity and the dynamics of falling
- knowledge and skill to plan and organise the work and undertake a risk assessment
- ability to undertake inspections of equipment
- understand the principles of selection, positioning and securing of ladders as access points or to use for work
The course content will cover:
- Hazards and pre-use checks
- Competence and Risk assessment
- Management systems
- Access, egress and safe place of work
- Selection of work equipment
- Safe use of ladders and associated equipment including practical exercise
- Falling objects
On successful completion of the course delegates will receive a SOA Safety course certificate.