26 November 2018
Mon, November 26 2018 (08:00 - 12:00) at BAE System - Barrow, with Alan/David
26 November 2018
Mon, November 26 2018 (09:30 - 12:30) at Carrs Flour Mills, Solway Mills, with Joe Little
17 December 2018
Mon, December 17 2018 (09:30 - 12:30) at Furness College, with David Coulson
This half day course is aimed at employees who may be involved, in manual handling in the workplace.
Delegates are provided with the knowledge and skill required to minimise the risk of injury to themselves and others when manual handling. This includes the potential hazards and risks the consequences.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Approved Codes of Practices (ACOP).
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may be involved in, as part of their work, manual handling.
Delegates do not require any previous experience.
- health & safety at work act 1974
- manual handling regulations
- management of health & safety at work regulations
- accident statistics
- the functions of the spine and muscular system
- typical injuries
- hazard identification and assessment of activity, load and environment
- physical capabilities
- correct handling techniques including practical exercises
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- understanding of the legal requirements and manual handling regulations
- understanding of the financial impact on industry caused by injuries from poor manual handling
- ability to identify and assess potential hazards
- knowledge and skill to select the appropriate methods of risk control
- knowledge of lifting equipment that may be required
- skills to carry out manual handling techniques in a safe and efficient manner
I came today under duress! But the deliver was engaging and informative, not as dull as I anticipated! Has definitely ma...more
The fact that Paul made the education fun so for me this always gels well.
Instructor made the course fast, clear and fun