02 April 2019
Tue, April 02 2019 (09:30 - 16:30) at Standsure House TR1, Dalton-in-Furness with David Coulson
This ½-Day course is aimed at providing learners with the knowledge to identify suspected mental health conditions and the skills to start a conversation and be able to signpost the person towards professional help.
This awareness course is suitable for everyone as it provides learners with the knowledge to recognise a suspected mental health condition and the skills to start a conversation and be able to signpost a person towards professional help
All members of the public can benefit from this course and it is a great stepping stone into First Aid for Mental Health.
Delegates must be a minimum age of 14.
- Defining mental health
- Understanding the stigma surrounding mental health
- Identifying factors that can affect a person’s mental health
- Understanding the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Outlining the advice that should be provided to a person suffering from a suspected
- mental health condition
- Knowing when to contact the emergency services in respect of first aid for mental health
- Identifying signs of stress
- Stating how stress can be managed
- Identifying signs and/or symptoms for the following mental health conditions: Depression, Anxiety, Psychosis, Eating Disorders, Suicide and Self-Harm
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- Know what mental health is, why people develop mental health conditions and the role of a First Aider for mental health
- Know how to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- Know how to recognise and manage stress