This two day course is aimed at employees who may be required to work in or enter confined spaces.
Delegates are provided with the knowledge and skill required to enter into a dangerous or confined space for the purpose of carrying out work or rescue safely.
Delegates will gain familiarity in the use of respiratory protection by the provision of a self contained breathing apparatus set, leading to an understanding of its operation and safe practices.
The course material and handouts are used in conjunction with the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997, associated legislation and Approved Codes of Practices (ACOP).
This programme is designed for managers, supervisors and operatives who may be required to make an emergency evacuation from a confined space using escape breathing apparatus or enter into a confined space using full breathing apparatus to carry out a variety of work activities.
Delegates do not require any previous experience.
- confined space regulations 1997, associated legislation and ACOP
- methods of risk control
- atmospheric monitoring
- health hazards and control
- safety equipment and pre-use checks
- escape and full working breathing apparatus
- practical exercise and assessment
At the end of this course you should be able to:
- understanding of the requirements of the Confined Space legislation and the associated ACOP
- ability to identify a confined space and its reasonable foreseeable risks
- knowledge and skill to select the appropriate methods of risk control
- ability to select the appropriate safety equipment that may be used when entering a confined space
- knowledge of the appropriate pre-use checks
- understanding of basic first aid and gain skills on providing CPR to an unconscious casualty
- ability to conduct an entry into a confined space using escape and full breathing apparatus
All employees who attended the course commented on the high standard of training given, and the presentation was enjoyab...more